5 Things That Happen in Your Body When You Drink Himalayan Salt Water in the Morning

by in Health, Natural Cures February 1, 2017

Pink Himalayan salt is the most beneficial and nutritional version of salt out there. The effects of the salt has been studied in many different parts of the body, and showed great results every time!


It is no new topic that Himalayan salt is good for us. Simply having a Himalayan salt lamp in your bedroom can induce good dreams and better sleep patterns. Scientific research has shown that it is the most nutritional form of salt. Although too much salt can be dangerous and unhealthy, with the right type of salt and the right amount, you can experience a good bit of health benefits. You’ll start to feel better immediately!

This salt is classified as rock salt or halite, which comes from the Punjab region of Pakistan, about 190 miles from the Himalayas. This area is known or having the richest salt fields in the entire world! Salt from this area dates all the way back to 4 Billion years ago when the planet was first being formed. With a history dating back to Earth’s creation, Himalayan salt is believed to be composed of dried remnants of the original, primal sea. You can utilize this salt in many different ways too. Simply drinking this salt water every morning will cause these things to happen in your body.

Relieves Aches and Pains

Goodbye muscle aches and pains, hope to never see you again! That’s right, the himalayan salt will soothe your muscles and will soon alleviate all of your aches. Minerals in Himalayan salt also work to fortify bones, skin, and connective tissues that may contribute to body soreness in other ways.

Flushes Away Clingy Toxins

Himalayan salt is an amazing detoxifying agent. It has many different compounds that work perfectly for flushing out all the clingy toxins that your body can’t get on its own. When dissolved in water, HPS becomes an ionic solution that helps to draw the toxins out of skin and adipose tissues.  This process combined with the healing mineral infusion offered by a good Himalayan pink salt soak will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.

Hydrates The Body

Himalayan salt is such a great tool to use to stow away and utilize all the water in your body. It keeps you hydrated by locking in water molecules in the body. Read the label on a sports drink bottle and you will see some of the major electrolytes listed in the ingredients – sodium (Na+), potassium (K+), calcium (Ca2+), magnesium (Mg2+), and chloride (Cl−) – in one or more of their forms.  This is because the body absorbs electrolytes faster than water by itself.  When these two occur side-by-side, your body takes up the water and electrolytes together, resulting in faster hydration.  Sadly, most commercial sports drinks are also full of sugar and chemical preservatives that we don’t want in our bodies. The good news is that this salt is about 85% sodium chloride with the other 15% featuring notable amounts of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, as well as bicarbonate.  These six minerals are all electrolytes that are necessary for proper functioning of the human body, or more specifically for bodily fluid regulation.

Lowering Blood Pressure

Pink Himalayan salt is an excellent natural solution to high blood pressure. Your system won’t need as much water to clear out the excess sodium, therefore you won’t retain as much water, and your body won’t have to work as hard.  Remember that natural is always better than processed and the same holds true for salt.

Improves Digestion

The nutrients in pink Himalayan salt are great for improving your digestive health. Nutrients in pink Himalayan salt can actually increase the ability of our gastrointestinal tract to absorb other nutrients. Also, better digestion means you’ll feel less hungry which – especially for those wanting to shed a couple of extra pounds each week!